Monday, May 6, 2013

When the lights go out, will you take me with you?

"And highways I called home
Something I can't know 'til now
'Til you pick me off the ground, 
With brick in hand, your lip gloss smile, 
Your scraped up knees-

And- if you stay I would lead away your mind
Or until your heart explodes out
Until we find our way in the dark and out of heart
You can run away with me
Any time you want..."

Here's to new beginnings!
So, first off! I'm starting off this new blog to document a new transition in my life and all of the things that follow. There will be a lot of art; sketches, paintings, crafts, photography, and the sort. All of my random life happenings, emotions, some brilliant scenery and of course some cute pictures of my tiny dog Bella!  

So here's the scoop-
I'm moving from Washington to Arizona in 2 weeks with my stellar boyfriend Joey. We'll be staying at a beautiful house complete with a swimming pool and palm trees like I only imagined I'd see on an expensive vacation advertisement. 
We're both starting new jobs at the same company working under Joey's mom and her boyfriend Randy,  who owns the business and the house.
As the cherry on top to get us down there, and soon, Randy and Mom offered to get the ball rolling on my tattoo apprenticeship, which I am ever so grateful for, and no way I could pass up such an awesome opportunity! With the right motivation and such an amazing team of support, I feel like my dreams are coming true.

As with all upsides, there is always a downside, I'm going to miss my family and friends so much more than I ever imagined. I can already tell by my struggle with tears today, saying goodbye is going to be the hardest thing to do.
My tears got the best of me today before we arrived at my Cousin's house for her birthday. Joey and I were singing along to Sleeping with Sirens, I was staring out the window at the familiar scenery flying by, thinking about all of the people and the places I hold so dearly and tears kept flooding my eyes. This has been happening the past two days, since we finalized our plans of taking this big step.

I know this is going to be hard for me, I never thought I would ever actually move out of Washington, but looking towards the positives. The thought that from leaving now, I can bring back a new life for myself and my family in the future is keeping me strong, along with the constant love that my sweet man shines my way. <3

So here goes world, I'm giving you all I've got! Taking a risk and following my dreams with the love of my life. I'll be updating as frequently as I can, the next two weeks are going to be hectic, taking care of business and seeing my friends before I go.

Take a leap with me baby!
Stargirl

No comments:

Post a Comment